I have always been an avowed milk drinker - maybe hence the athletic build? I remember having chocolate milk-drinking races with my cousins, and sometimes winning!!! It was a high to feel all that thin chocolate sensation glugging down one's throat like a confused liquid ribbon, and one I dont experience now (since my daily milk is plain, no sugar, and eaten with cereal, and chocolate milk is an occasional leisurely sunday morning treat to be eaten with buttered toast, sometimes topped with sugar. Ahhh, the bliss).
I always associated masala tea with fever, and coffee (especially black) with studying (cold coffee with arranged marriage meetings). I hate 'going for coffee' with people, especially at night. What's the point of drinking coffee right before bed? No, coffee is my work drink, and masala tea is still my feel-good, cold-cure drink. (But I also swear b Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino!)
Here's my ode to the theme: coffee.
1130 am and time for a snack
to ward off a lurking hunger attack
The coffee arrives – milky, machine-made,
Sweet good old Indian style Nescafe!
My mouth melts to the swirl of the latte
Sliding smoothly down my gastric highway
A feeling of peace is evoked and found…
My typing, fortified, continues safe and sound.
4 Comments:
Milk takes time to get digested so should be avoided before sleep.
Bread(not a toast) smeared with jam, dipped in hot milk is a pleasure to eat. Try it and tell me. Yes your way of eating toast with butter and sugar is what I had this morning.
Ya, Masala tea is a drink for fever and when one catches cold.
Very natural post!!!
So what's your "before going to bedtime" drink?
For me it's Tea in the morning, coffee to get me up to the next level as soon as I hit my desk.
Umm toast, esp with multigrain bread some eggs on the side!!
No drink before bedtime... though the occasional buzz had worked wonders for me in terms of sleep. Would also swear by Anando's chocolate almond milk! Mmmm perfect to prevent that growling tummy feeling before bed! Warm milk an hour earlier is also great.
Thank you, Hotwinter!
Post a Comment
<< Home