One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fie, Royal Mail!

Argh I am so angry!!!

Stupid Royal Mail has lost my birthday present! (Or more likely they have flicked it). Here's what happened.

I visited my college friend at Cambridge, where she gave me my birthday present, an adorable Me-to-You Teddy blue and white box with two teddies hugging on a little sofa with pearl-coloured cushions, a CARD, in which she wrote, a little book, and two Thorntons Praline Alpine Logs. In my haste to pack and get to university after the weekend, I forgot some CDs and the gift box, and asked her to send them to a relation in Nottingham as soon as she got back. But she didn't manage to do that on time, so I asked her to send it to another relation in London, which she did on monday. My relative received the parcel containing the CDs, but not the gift box. I discovered that she didn't find a box big enough to put the gift box in, so she had sent it as is through the mail. Now OBVIOUSLY no one could have lost an 8"x8"x8" box, so the natural conclusion I come to is that some klepto postman must have taken it to gift his wife/daughter/sister/girlfriend.

Of all of them, the card and book cannot possibly be relevant. The LEAST he could do is send me the card! But hwo would he have the address... freak! How can someone steal something which is quite conspicuously a gift for someone else? If they had concerns aout the box containing terrorising elements they could jolly well open it, check and shut it and send it na! How can you in good conscience enjoy something meant for someone else, that you deliberately detoured in your direction???

Anyway, I hope his relation enjoys the present this thieving postman has so unconscionably taken, since she probably needed it more than I do, given her relation's greed and desperation. (The only thing I can do is console myself with possibilities of some dire karmic consequences with regard to him. Alas, the consequence has already occured in the form of his unhappy discontented mind!) But i hope his conscience pricks him to death and doesn't allow him to steal any other presents in the future!

I'm pretty sure this is the result of this new problem of conspicuous consumption facing our society, which so much emphasis on Having rather than Being.

Grrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter