This Friday's 55: Everything Counts? Or Music
Now I personally am not a big fan of live concerts. Hate them. Hate the crowds, the sweat, the pushing, the paying lots of money to see people on a big screen when you can watch it for free in the comfort of your own home. Or just buy a CD of their songs, so you can skip to the ones you like, and don't have to be distracted in your singing along by any annoying, off-rhythm imporvisations. I went to see AR Rahman in Nassau Coliseum though, and man, that was a fantastic experience! (I guess I'm prejudiced against other concerts only because I don't know anyone else's music or lyrics well enough! Hehe, so sorry for my insensitivity!)
Anyway, here's my bit.
Synaesthesia was her experience of his sensitive, musician’s hands. He loved A.R. Rahman. Her most vivid memory was making love to Dheemi Dheemi, their kisses merging their bodies slowly into a languorous, ethereal, cosmic union in the romance of the softly sung words, the fluttering breathlessness of the flute, the constant heartbeat of the rhythm.
Lalala.

5 Comments:
Aru,
WHat you have written is something so different from what I would have thought and from what I would have attempted to write!
I love the way u have used the theme of music with the words and the song that u chose well I did listen to it along with the lyrics...and yea it has that amazing blend,
By far my fav 55 of urs!!
Maybe coz it has to do with my fav musician or maybe this is somthing so radically diff from what id think....Great work
PS:yea rahman concerts are amazing! and probably all concerts where u know the lyrics and love the songs u just enjoy the time, just like watching a movie whose songs u enjy, the story even if a give away, id still watch it just for that song!
Maybe, you should go to a Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd concert - for live concerts to be worth it, one has to put an incredible show (Pink Floyd) or have a very strong presence (Rolling Stones - Mick Jagger).
I still remember Zakir Hussian's concert from ages ago.
Thanks Adrasteia,
I love sensuality. Am a big fan. Often the most sensuality out in Mumbai is the dodging between the armies of humanity on the streets, and the stench of garbage and pollution.
Yeah Kush, I know many die-hard rock fans. Maybe one day I'll see what they see!
I am not a huge fan of concerts but ive heard a lot of classical music and it is divine..transports you to another world.
Dreamcatcher,
Yeah, but the auditoriums are much smaller na! A few hundred people in nice seats with lighting, or private concerts of likeminded acquaintances and enthusiasts is an entirely different matter. One must be comfortable in one's space, and I'm just more of a small, intimate, private space kind of person.
Post a Comment
<< Home