She: I started to get really happy. It was like the flowers I had planted were slowly budding forth in bloom, and I could see each hue of their soon-to-emerge petals like a brilliant sunset. It was as though my life were rushing towards that sunset, longing to drown in that whirlpool of colour and bliss. But I didn’t realize that as my happiness grew, I started to get careless. I started to think nothing could stop me now. I started to think my happiness was a right, not a privilege. I’m not sure what the answer to that one is, but I know that both rights and privileges can be taken away. Look at the governments of countries, courts of justice, men and women and families and communities in society. I thought I was my own little island. I didn’t want to relinquish my autonomy. But here I am, already a colony of a conqueror who changes the courses of my rivers, makes them flow or stop as he pleases. Salt, brine, bile, urine, crops, all sown and reaped as he pleases. Rainbows, rain and sunshine, all at his command. But nature has her own whims too. Who knows how she’ll react. Will she submit to the arbitrary changes as she has had for centuries, or is this island too wild to be tamed? Will it become haunted with the ghosts of Victoria or will it flourish like a commonwealth of dreams? Is the wildness in nature or in man? Can there ever be a separation?
But coming back to what I was saying: oh yes, the flowers are wilting. I shall have to mulch them again. I guess love is working on beauty till it shows results. You have to be patient.
3 Comments:
hey she is back! she is back!
but when did you become princess joya? now do women even change blogger pseudos like they do their names after marriage? Just a thought..
What is with PJ? And is she some mythological character like Aranyi?
But nature has her own whims too. Who knows how she’ll react. Will she submit to the arbitrary changes as she has had for centuries, or is this island too wild to be tamed? Will it become haunted with the ghosts of Victoria or will it flourish like a commonwealth of dreams? Is the wildness in nature or in man? Can there ever be a separation?
Good you didn't end there ... Otherwise it would have been like one of those Hindi soaps ...
"Jaanne ke liye padhte rahiye Princess (Aranyi) Joya ka blog ..."
Anyways, I do hope this stupid remark brings a smile to you.
nobody understands, do they? princess joya had to come in, because aranyi could not stay. the same calm face behind some random calm picture. but not for the world to see this time.
does a warrior princess stand behind princess joya's facade?
Post a Comment
<< Home