One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Last Love Poem and Salmubarak!

So, Belated HAPPY DIWALI! and SALMUBARAK! well, technically, tomorrow is our new year due to some calendrical messup, but the rest of the world is celebrating it today, so. Its a tradition to do everything today that you would want to do the rest of the year, so I went to the gym, ate good food, spoke to a couple of friends, watched a movie with my parents, am about to change to go out for dinner to a new place, and then meet some family friends. AND I'm blogging today! (and hope to read a bit later too!).

Okay, so ths has been a day of some pretty painful epiphanies for me. I've decided that the start of the new year is an apt time for letting go of the past (especially past people) and looking forward to the future, on a fresh new page. Hopefully I've absorbed a few key lessons, will keep my temper and my figure, and can graciously dismiss people who are detrimental to my wellbeing and say "Good riddance!" without regret.

In honour of my resolution, here is my last poem for some time (what do you know... its 55 words!) hehehe.

My Last love Poem to you.

The night is your eyes.
Beetle black and iridescent
as the new moon.
The shape of petals,
intoxicating like betel leaves
or an unfulfilled promise.
Unsearchable
with the uniform lustre
of a Nerolac-painted wall.
The eyes of a God
cold as ice.

I searched for the land i thought was promised
and found
nothing.

On reflection, being in love with love is sometimes the best defence as well as the best offence.

More later! Have an article I'm utterly horrified by!

Have a wonderful fulfilling year, as I hope I will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter