One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Blogger Manifesto

As promised :)
(This makes it look like it was much-awaited, but it actually wasn't since I have a grand total of about 3 readers and am primarily blogging just to practice organising my thoughts now that I am out of college and have no professors on my case!)

ARANYI'S BLOGGER MANIFESTO
1. The purpose of this blog is to improve my writing and reasoning skills using my own opinions. I appreciate comments for the same.
2. I reserve the right to maintain freedom of speech as this is a personal blog in a public domain based entirely on my own opinion and way of viewing the world. There is no such thing as objective truth, though there is such a thing as absolute truth. Few humans are capable of grasping that.
3. I am responsible to no one but myself for my statements. Yet I shall try to preserve some amount of sensitivity and respect for any issue as a whole if not for individual persons.
4. I shall not flame people.
5. I shall not tolerate flamers or individuals who like to make derogatory statement out of sheer spite and who have no argument to back their statements.
6. I shall be more observant about real life events so that i can uncover a fresh perspective towards each of them.
7. I shall adopt memes occasionally, as culture is constantly in flux and we are all responsible for churning out a new mix for the next generation.
8. I shall not endorse statements or objects that I do not agree with.
9. I will try to blog everyday, except Sunday.
10. I shall NOT blog on sundays unless I have an urgent need/desire to, or have not updated my blog in more than a week.
11. I shall try to make my blog interesting and thought-provoking, if not entertaining.
12. I shall preserve my life outside of my blog so I can write about it.
13. I shall enjoy my life and my blog and try to conduct both with dignity, honesty and respect and have no regrets and shall exhort others to do the same!
14. I reserve the right to modify/edit my entries and this manifesto!


************************************************************************************

As a little prologue, a lot of this blog is likely to involve exhortations for us all make the world a better place - to go back to some sort of imagined pure, clean bygone era in which everyone was nice, kids weren't hung up on violence and sex even in their toys, where the pace of life was slower, everyone minded his/her own business and was good- natured and patient, where nature was nurtured, people were cared for, and people weren't always looking for the next easy fuck, quick fix or fast buck. Yet where there is complete freedom and responsibility in thought and action, and honesty in intention. It's something to do with us as humans I guess, always wanting more, the grass always being greener on the other side (Mark Parton, my first non-friend commenter - give it up for him - woohoo!!! has a pretty poignant entry on this regarding his son) the reality never quite living up to the fantasy.


*Sigh*

I want my kids to read a lot, to think, to dream, to envision, to act.
To love, to laugh, to cry, to hope, to flourish, to suffer.

Life really is beautiful. We just need to look in our own backyard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter