One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Gitasar Excerpt: Essence of the Gita

Jo hua, achha hua.
Jo ho rahahai, achha ho raha hai.
Jo hoga, voh bhi achha hoga.

Tumhara kya gaya ki tum rote ho?
Tum kya laaye the jo tumne kho diya?
Tumne kya paida kiya tha jo nasht ho gaya?

Jo liya, yahin se liya.
Jo diya, yahin par diya.

Jo aaj tumhara hai, kal kisi aur ka tha, aur parso kisi aur ka ho jaayega.

Parivartan sansaar ka niyam hai.

17 Comments:

Blogger karmic said...

Change is good? I have never read the Gita but I do remember that passage, whihc I read elsewhere.
It's about letting go...

7:36 am  
Blogger karmic said...

Oh ya and I can barely type, the coffee is not kicking in yet. Don't know what the point of saying this is. :)

7:37 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

well you can only change if you let go, right?

7:40 am  
Blogger karmic said...

true dat and it was not meant as advice or anything just a statement.
I need to learn to let go too..in some ways about somethings :)

9:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aranyi: Nothing wrong with reading the Gita to feel better about your situation (with the whole fear of arranged marriage, and the dread of finding a "suitable" partner in the future). But I feel the answer does not lie in the quasi-Existentialist passages from the Gita that have an underlying defeatist connotation, rather it is to take action, or rather, a series of small but measured actions to meet your ultimate goals. Succumbing completely to one's fate is not the Aranyi I know of, rather Aranyi defines her own destiny. Think of it that way. I know living in Mumbai or anywhere for that matter has its own set of challenges, but why do you let some events get to you so much. Have you tried having a "F?&!! you too" mentality, where the burden of guilt or self-pity is annihilated with a bold and objective view of life. Thik hai - jo hua, so hua, now move the heck on ....

5:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for you Karmic: Buddy, let me hear you shizel and rip it dude. Let the real Karmic, please stand up, please stand up..... peace out homie....

5:04 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Thanks CO. I am trying to. Just happened to have my R.I.P. ceremony online. But one can hope, no?

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**Just happened to have my R.I.P. ceremony online**

Are you closing your blog? Or, are you being melodramatic? Maybe, not. You know the best. We, the readers know nothing.

I bought Gita and Mahabartha sometime ago. Will read soon.

I am going to visit Pakistan and India in a few weeks. I need garam chai.

12:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aranyi,

this ain't gita.

12:50 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Kush,
It isnt? My mom has a massive poster on the essence of the gita and this is a part of it. It's not Sanskrit, sure, but Ill poke around and get the credits for it.
No, the RIP wasnt for my blog. I was being melodramatic, you could say.
Chai... please dont buy that disgusting chaigold packet instant stuff to take back. Its gross. IM DYING To go to pak!!! so lucky!!!

1:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Gita is ultimate wisdom.
anyone falling upon it is always welcome.it combines all isms and
provides solutions to all problems.

1:36 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Hear, Hear. God and the hly books always welcomes people seeking help with a true heart, despite a 'lost' soul. It is human barriers that stop us from doing so.

2:46 am  
Blogger karmic said...

I tend to not to rely too much oon holy books, may be its just me being a secular humanist?

10:17 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

I totally am one too. To each his own, as long as they dont impose on anyone else. I'm pretty eclectic in my prayers and beliefs anyway.

11:54 am  
Blogger ruchi said...

The most fabulous thing I have read in a long time.

6:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recite this in my MT, But in Hindi it sounds the same...

Say this before you leave your home everyday and u will feel you are charged....

2:22 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Thanks Sriram! I think I will!

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter