One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Monday, January 30, 2006

Four Fings

I've been tagged for a meme! Now who shall I pass this on to? *rubs hands gleefully before recoiling in horror at the excess of sebum on her fingertips*!

Ok, here goes: ummm....

4 Jobs that have left me demented or influenced:
1. Teaching/caring for kids: Gotta love the precocious brats, but nothing makes you wish you were in India as much as an urge to slap them and make them a bit more respectful! It made me realise that sometimes i prefer a little method to madness!
2. Research assistant: Videotaping little kids and then playing the tape in slow motion to count their steps/movements to assess their locomotive skills? A more boring version of Maths to train you to be a stickler for precision and accuracy.
3. Office Assistant: Introduced me to the joys of the internet in the workplace, and a great way to get non-work-related work done! And the ability I possess to stay away from politics.
4. Marketing Executive: the love for the internet only grows, and beautiful things appear commonplace...

4 Movies I could recommend to anyone:
Masoom (Bollywood)
Windhorse (Tibet)
Children of Heaven (Iran)
The Promises Project (documentary on the Israel-Palestine conflict from children's point of view)

It's TORTURE to limit me!!!!

4 Places I've lived in that also linger in my memory:
Bombay (though it's never the locale in my dreams so it doesnt count)
Poughkeepsie
New York
Berkeley, CA
Bath, UK

4 TV shows I may remember
Ramayana/Mahabharata
The Bold and the Beautiful
Philips Top 10
Full House

4 Vacations I will always remember:
Anywhere in India, for it's beauty and new luxury contrasting with ancient elegance
Italy, for the men and pizza,
Australia/New Zealand for the adventure and greenery
Africa for the wildlife and hotels

4 Foods I enjoy
Thai
Indian-Chinese
Mexican
North Indian (anything with paneer)

4 Places I'd rather be
In bed
In Bath
In Chicago
In New York

4 Sites I can always vouch for:
Sepia Mutiny
Xiaxue
Gaurav Sabnis
Kenny Sia

4 Bloggers I'm giving some homework to do:
Oh god... don't make me do this... *squeezes eyes shut*
Adrasteia
Brad
Compulsive Objectionist
Angel

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Aranyi

11:31 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Kush- :)
Jinal, for sure! Heh heh. It better be soon though!

10:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for mentioing the CO!!

11:14 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

:D You're welcome!

12:48 am  
Blogger Makhtub said...

Ok am online after long and here is some work to do..hehe...

Got to visit berkeley for sure, lots of fans in here:)

2:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter