One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday reading

I danced so much at my cousin's sangeet last night at Blue Sea that now I am sick, cold, achy and not enjoying food! Our dances were wonderful and successful as usual, though we messed up as usual! And the great part was that no one let me get off the floor for a long time! My cousin who I haven't seen in years was dancing with me as though we were chaddi buddies! It was great! And the stage was HUGE and carpeted and not many people could keep up with us so I had a lot of place to prance about and turn in my heavy pink ghaghra and sense it float above my ankles as the air swished around my feet and subsequently feel like a princess!

Blue Sea is such a lovely hall. It's situated on Worli Seaface in the front part of the blind school there. It fits about 300 people and is about the only hall I know to have a porch. It's white and airy and large and has an exquisite glass sheet of running water forming a cooling backdrop against the colourful activity on stage. The ceiling last night was festooned with large panels of cloth in different shades of blue with coloured Oriental lamps in hues of gold, orange, crimson, pink and green hanging down from the middle where they all converge. The porch is also soothing, the floor of stone with trees planted along the edges and the earth covered by pebbles, zen-type wooden chairs and tables. It faces the soothing vista of the sea, so there is a slight breeze blowing in, making this a perfect venue for winter-night parties. It is walled in somewhat though, to protect the revellers from the prying gaze of outsiders.

Anyway if you were to happen to open this page expecting to read something more interesting than my week, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I would not like to disappoint you! I present to you the long-promised post on Las Vegas by my dear friend Erosopher.

In relation to my post on Las Vegas.

Which was also the post at which I encountered Brad!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was wee hours of the Sunday...but the rest of your articles are an eye-full. *blink*

3:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter