One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Monday, January 16, 2006

55 Friday is BACK!!!

If you felt my blog was incomplete that one day in the week in which I would attempt to discipline my verbosity into something compact, succinct, concise, hard hitting, near-perfect (as I certainly did), I have good news for you!!! It has found its moorings again through Sepia Mutiny's resumption (is that a word?) of the tradition by starting off the New Year with a Matrimonial Edition it calls the "Curry Rice Girl edition" after this desi spoof of Gwen Stefani's "Ain't no holla-back girl" by Vikram MC and Luda-whoever. The inspiration for the theme is based on this post by them (Go to www.myheritage.com, register, put up a pic and see which celeb you look like!). I got Sofia Coppola (67% - ew!) and Beyonce (69% Whaaa???!!!)

Here's proof:

Sofia
Beyonce

So given their traits and mine, wouldn't you agree with the following?


Sensational Gujarati girl with splendid bearing seeks matrimonial alliance with equally attractive and sophisticated, more intelligent, educated, ambitious and unconventional gentleman with an eye for adventure and an interest in romance. Must be easygoing, funny, love to cook and able to drive her into paroxysm of passionate frenzy. Not to mention wealthy. Caste no bar.

;)

Adrasteia: This is where you find out whether you REALLY look like Rani!!!


I can't believe it claims that I resemble Sofia Coppola! Grrr. It's almost as ridiculous as Face Analyzer!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few people on Sepia Mutiny pointed it out:

It only match the face angle (position of eyes) and nothing else.

I would not be too upset. Sofia C was a horrible actress (GodFather III) but is an incredibly talented director (Lost in Translation).

3:51 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

I know... I read all the comments! That's still annoying though. I heard so much about lost in Translation and i didnt really get the movie! I mean, some parts of it sorta matched what I expected from the title, but I just felt... sad through most of it. I gues sit did subtly and effectively showcase the ignorance of foreigners on territory that is exciting and overwhelming but unfamiliar/exotic.

4:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Aranyi,

You have age a little bit to appreciate the beauty of "Lost in Translation". Lost in Translation = The most unlikely couple made a connection in the most unlikely place, in the most unlikely circumstances but really could not (maybe did later) translate into something more definite. The most real connection maybe got lost.

As IMDb reviews puts it:

From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335266/plotsummary

"To me, the movie is like the shabu shabu sushi restaurant. What you get out of it depends on how much you put into it. The meaning of our lives, the purpose, the dreams (both dashed and realized), and the expectations forced upon us by others. "Translation" means to explain in simple terms. How do you "translate" what life is? What is it supposed to be about? Different answers for different people at different times in their lives. "Lost In Translation" indeed and it has nothing to do with pronouncing hard R's."

4:33 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Thank you Kush. I actually liked your explanation better than the IMDB review. That puts the movie a bit more in perspective, thanks!

5:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Kush. Lost in Translation was the kind of movie that made me think, why didn't I think of this before!

anyways-- beyonce is not bad at all! she's quite hot!

5:21 am  
Blogger chick pea said...

kush: loved your explanaation of the movie... it is superb.. makes more sense now.. thanks :) for the enlightenment.

like your blog aranyi, and your name.. it's awesome!!!

7:33 am  
Blogger Makhtub said...

@ aru

Well yea beyonce looks good, but i dont like copola.....

And yea hope u dont get beyonces arm candy, he looks rather eeewww for my liking:)

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter