One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Sunday, December 13, 2009

26 things I did when I was 26

I have been inspired to write this themed post from this wonderful blogger called Kenny Sia. yes, that's him in my sidebar. In comparison, he does all these wonderful things. My life, on the other hand, has flown by ever since I got married, and I'm not sure if very much has happened to me in the last year. We shall see whether this little post is a success or not. I'm sure I'll have to add in a lot of silly filler material, and even them I'm sure there won't be 26 vaguely exciting things that have happened to me. Well, we shall see. Here are the things that happened to and around me, in no particular order:
1. I had a wonderful thanksgiving breakfast on my birthday, made by my wonderful mother-in-law, that included my favourite sweet potato chaat, and dumplings!!!!!
2. I went to Philadelphia for my birthday weekend, and ate at 3 wonderful Steven Starr restaurants: Continental Diner, Ama de Cuba, and El Vez.
3. Had my first new year's eve in the US, dinner at a nice retsaurant, and a small house party - which was a lot of fun.
4. Learned to play poker and canasta. Was lucky the first few times, and have never been since. But since I seem to have been getting luckier in love, I'll wager it a fair exchange.
5. Went to Houston for the first time, and spent Valentine's Day without my husband! Grrrr.
6. Performed my first solo Bollywood dance since my marriage.
7. Broke a few barriers with a few fellow wives.
8. Attended (partially) my first bachelorette evening in Las Vegas!
9. Attended a professional school after marriage, studied hard, had a blast, and obtained a certificate in the process!!!
11. Visited Saskatoon, Banff and Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies!!!! So beautiful!
12. Witnessed the dying of a last grandparent, and missed the wedding of a friend.
13. Shopped for (expensive) Indian wedding clothes, primarily on my own! And all were loved!
14. Went for the U2 concert.
15. Went for a US Open match and got really angry at Monfils!
16. Found out that tailgating also has an alternative meaning!
17. Took a sari-draping class haha. I still don't have enough practice, though!
18. Visited Bermuda for my 2nd anniversary. Absolute bliss.
19. Went to the Hamptons on our first couples trip on Labour Day. Quite an experience! EVERYONE fought with their spouses at least once.
20. Attended a weekend conference in Long Island with a dear friend as roommate.
21. Oh, drove all over the place for the first time without an accompanying driver! And still get so lost!
22. Helped organise my brother-in-law's engagement. That included cooking 3 dishes for 100 people.
23. Seem to have involuntarily been assigned the dubious title of DD (designated driver).
24. Was told I am loved (this should be no. 1 and no. 26 and everything in between).
25. Gained some weight.
26. Understood what it's like to be faced with the aging and inevitable mortality of a parent.
27. Oh, bought my first black sari! Maybe this year I will actually end up wearing it!!!!
28. Oh, also went to my first stripclub! (That was quite sad and funny at the same time).
29. Saw India's entry to the 2009 Oscars at SAIFF. Harishchandrachi Factory. It's awesome! Watch it!
30. Joined a Bollywood Dance class.
31. Went to Panama! Amazing! (Thank you snapfish for online records!)
32. Welcomed a lot of little nephews.
33. Cooked a 7-course anniversary meal for 2 for some very special people.

OK, that was pretty much what happened to me in 2008-09. Maybe I shall be more regular now from my parents house.
No wonder I don't make new year's resolutions!
P.S. Sorry I wrote more than 26 things! I was just so excited as more things came to my mind that I couldn't resist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter