One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Art of Living: Cure for Drug Addiction?

Quick Updates: I bought the Indian pirated version of How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild and Got a Life by Kaavya Viswanathan! It's quite enjoyable, am about 100 pages in!
I also finished the trashiest, worst novel I have ever read in a long time: Wild Land, Wild Love by Connie Mason. Hai hai, not even shiver/giggle-inducing!
Today I went for my first Art of Living follow up session. You're supposed to go for one a week for 6 months just to get you in the zone and develop your breathing - a brush up and keeping in touch with the community basically. And today I found out that this evening at 5:30 at University Building, B Road Churchgate on the 4th floor there is a Korigutti or something folk dance show from Orissa that has been put together by someone called Gangadhar Pradhan, who founded the Konark Festival, with the performers being impoverished people from the streets and the musicians the people who sing in trains. It's supposed to be phenomenal so I'm definitely going to go check it out.

It was a longer session than usual... lasting maybe 45 minutes... of just the Sudarshan Kriya with maybe 8-9 cycles. It was exhausting and I practically stumbled home and lay down. The effects on the body as you let go are quite fascinating - the tingling in the mouth and jaw, the sensation in the limbs, the expansion of the lungs, the releasing of emotion... then it struck me that the tingling sensation is pretty much similar to that felt when one snorts cocaine... and that got me thinking that maybe it's about time that Whitney Houston tried Art of Living to simulate the high felt from her addiction, and finally move on to a healthier, happier and more peaceful plane. Look at what drugs have reduced the exquisite songstress to:





Before
After
I was so horrified when I saw the pictures. I know she's been on a downward spiral for a few years now, because of her philandering husband and drugs and everything... but I thought she'd decided to quit when she came up with the "step by step" anthem, and the huskier, angrier songs than the poppy/soul ones she used to sing, to once again emerge an icon of strength for women all over the world the way she has been for the past decade. But I guess it has not been.
And thats why I wish Sri Sri Ravi Shankar or someone would teach her the kriya because I think she really really needs help though she wont ask for it. If not for herself, then for us.
If I were to write her a fan letter, what would I write?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Art of Living for Drug Addiction": Is that something the course offers? Drug Addiction and Alcholism are 2 of the hardest addictions to overcome, and drugs being tougher than alcohol to overcome.

There are many advanced programs for these addictions. Not sure if Art of Living is one of them.

And yeah, Whitney's problems began after hooking up with that loser husband of her's, Bobby Brown - total loser.

9:42 am  
Blogger Makhtub said...

She needs rehab or something not AOL, its too serious the kind of shit she has gotten into coz of her loser husband!!

Someone Oprah ask her to get herself into rehab..Poor thing!

1:59 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

I meant that the reaction in the body from the breathing is similar to that created by snorting cocaine. And so much more benefficial. Her husband deserves to die for what he did to her... but I wonder how it could have become so bad?

11:37 pm  
Blogger kb said...

I have loads of friends who indulge themselves, dont think Art of living is the cure by any means.These problems are extremely severe and simplistic solutions like Art of living seem to insult the gravity of the situation.
Whitney Houston has just gone the way of all celebrities, in a drug induced haze.If you think this is bad, check out this recent pic of Keith Richards of Rolling Stones fame.http://www.antipixel.com/blog/archives/images/keithRichards.jpg

Weedwanderer

3:48 am  
Blogger kb said...

http://www.antipixel.com/blog/archives/images/keithRichards.jpg

3:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter