One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's a Beautiful World!!!

It's such a wonderful world!!!

Today I looked out of the window on the way up the stairs to my apartment and I was pleasantly surprised by the sight of a peahen perched on the edge of the terrace of a bungalow nearby! As i ascended higher and higher, I was delighted to make out more and more, first 3, then 4, then a young peacock, with a tail that was just beginning to grow out, and by the time I got home - I was able to count 10- 7 peahens and 3 peacocks, the other two fullgrown!!! I am so happy! I remember during childhood we'd hang out of the balcony and stare for ever at the peacocks that would perch in the window slats on the landlord's roof - he has a grand old villa - and squeal in excitement and call mom or the maid whenever they would unfurl their beautiful tail and start dancing in the monsooons on the grassy patches below us. We thought they'd all been killed by the caretakers or starved to death or something, and they'd been on my mind with all this Salman-Khan chinkara news, so I was so excited that I saw them!!!! Thank God they are alive and well, our national birds sooooo beautiful!!!

Other things that make me happy: general niceness!

To give the animal example first:
1. Simply because it is more recent - this morning on my way to work I saw these 2 white stray dogs sorta jumping over each other and wagging their tails. I wasn't sure if it was mating season and what the sex of the dogs was, but then they just kept looking at each other and wagging their tails, at the same speed, though in different directions - wagwagwagwagleftrightleftright. They were stilled locked in each other's gaze when I passed. So sweet!!!!

2. Ok, Ive been generally depressed and unhappy with the world because my Insomnia harassment episode happened right after the Blank Noise Project, and I realised afresh how much it can hurt, humiliate and frighten one. Not to mention shame. I hate this concept of shame applied to sexuality. But I cannot forget that guy - whoever he was - I dont even remember his face... but after being pushed about for over an hour and not wanting to push back because I dont like to touch or be touched by strangers, I was in utter despair. I was trying to pass a particularly cramped section near the bar, and it was nearly impossible to move except to push past the front of this guy, and I just stood still and shot a look of general anger and despair and total discomfort in his direction and I could feel his look of surprise and almost defensiveness before he lifted his arms above his head in surrender almost so they wouldnt even BY mistake touch any part of me. I looked up at him then, in surprise myself, because no one has EVER done that for me before, and before the moment literally become too good to be true, hurried past. So if you ever read this, even if you didn't really notice me then - Thank you so much for redeeming my faith in man during that horrid, horrid night.

3. It was our first day in Basel and we were shopping for snacks to munch on. Of course, being the explorative person that I am, chose all sorts of random Swiss and Turkish biscuits and stuff, except for Kitkat for the bores. We made our purchases and I was still poking about the bottom shelves, fascinated by a chocolate sprinkles-covered mound of marshmallow, which was apparently some sort of Cocoa-puff, only because I was comparing it to my hallowed Tunnock's teacakes, when the old shop-owner came from behind the counter towards me saying something in Swiss German. I hurriedly straightened up because I didn't want him to think I was shoplifting. He said something that sounded like "It's nice" and tore off one from the roll to give me. I laughed and then he offered me another which I declined. So sweet na!!! It tasted quite bad but still... it made me smile. I guess there really is no such thing as a free lunch. (:p Vinod!)

4. I was standing at the busy road near my house waiting to cross and the go signal just began when I reached the crossing - drat! But unsure as I have been recently whether I should take the chance and scamper across or just wait for the signal to stop - I decided to wait. At that point the car approaching me was driven by a driver in my building, and he stopped the car and motioned to me to cross. And at that point automatically there was an opening in the rest of the road large enough for me to cross over safely! So sweet thank you! People who let me cross always get big smiles, and maybe a wave from me!

So because I'm so happy, here are colourful pictures : a peacock in Rajasthan, a greeting card, white peacocks, peacock at night, a stained glass, a silk painting, a Kimono, colourful Falguni and Shane Peacock clothes and Shantanu's summer bridal Collection from last year.



Do you think one of my outfits for my sister's wedding should be orange and peacock blue? I'm liking the colours very much!!!

Yay yay yay!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

7:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aranyi, that bar incident was something man!!! I was told by some other women that Indian men lech and grope at bars. Jeez, what's wrong with their under-sexed pervs man? Over here, noone bothers nobody else. I think its so much better for an Indian woman to be here in the US than stay in India being leched and groped by pigs. Ugh!!

9:33 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Aawww pacman!

C.O.: it was as traumatic for me at Exit in New York, filled with sleazy guys of all races. Ugh.

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aranyi,
I have read many of your posts, and I do sense that you have a feeling of paranoia about men in nightclubs, and in general, esp in night clubs. If that's the case, why even go to a night club? Sleazy men are always gonna be lurking around. Men are men and they won't change. I feel bad that you had to go through some of the experiences that you have described and they have left you scarred, and made you a partial insomniac. But that won't change the way men look at you. You once mentioned something about an inner attitude where you look them in the eye and convey that you're not afraid, and then maybe they will stop. I would recommend that you join a Kung-fu class to protect yourself, and boost confidence. Cheers, girl.

6:57 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Dear C.O.
I like to dance!!! That's all. And I just need a confidence boost once in a while. Call me the princess and the pea.

7:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace out, homie, let's keep it real. haha!! Trust me, you should not worry about these dance club goons. Just hold your head high and walk tall.

11:36 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

:p

11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter