One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Grrrr... STUCK IN OFFICE!!!

OKAY since I'm stuck at work with nothing better to do and all my daily websites read, I may as well catch you all up on my week!

Why is it that coloured printers always decide to go ballistic on me and stop working/spray paint about only when I need things printed immediately? When I had my dissertation printed at work too, not only had I spent 3 days survivingon 12 hours of sleep total, but also was stuck from about 2pm till 7pm, well after employees had left, attempting to print 3 measly copies (about 300 pages). The cartridge got stuck, the toner needed to be changed, peons were running about and there was no replacement to be found. I know that entrepreneurial individuals on footpaths in office areas such as Nariman Point have multiple xerox machines etc. A smart guy would do well to have a superfast colour printer hooked up as well. This time too, I need to get 20 copies of a brochure printed and bound and my computer engineer informs me that it takes almost a minute a page to print! SO 15 minutes for 22 pages!

This day has just been RACKED with delays. First my back hurts too much to go for aerobics so I decide to stay home and tell my maid to switch on the geyser in my sister's room at 6:30 am. The well-meaning, oversmart lady doesn't tell me that there is no geyser there and fills me a bucket. I, with my lack of presence of mind, throw a fit and switch on the geyser in mom's room.

My boss doesn't get the final draft of the presentation I sent him to approve. That was at 10:45 am. AT 12:22pm I resend it and he still doesn't receive it, and finally allows me to go ahead. AT THAT TIME, the supplies guy decides to go for lunch. The peon uses the wrong paper for my first copy, so we waste another 5minutes using another paper before the right bonded kind is found. After 3 copies it is discovered that we don't have enough supplies, when I specifically TOLD the supply guy that we need 20 copies of 23 sheets each!!!! GRRRRR!!!! So he runs off to get it, and a further half hour is wasted.

SHIT my post didnt get saved so now I have to retype!

So printing commenced at a little before 2. Then I went for lunch and upon returning discovered that each copy was taking 15 minutes to print and it would be well past 6 by the time all the brochures were printed! Then I would have to struggle to get to near where I lived in rush hour traffic and by then the binding place may not have been open! So after an hour-long bout of obvious frustration, miscalculated hope and the resulting hesitation, I finally decided to email the presentation to a sister concern closer to home to print them simultaneously. Of course, needless to say, the mail was too large to get delivered and it was past 5pm when I thought of sending the email via Megaupload. I decided to leave with the 15 copies already done and try to bind them at least. By the time I was on the highway, the presentation was still uploading on the site. After much debate and many phone calls back and forth, it was decided that a peon would go with my manager with the papers halfway and then take a cab and bring the papers to the binding guy... probably one hour away from his own home. I felt so bad!!!

Anyway all's well that ends well. Though the process was extremely trying.

What I learnt: Develop the skill to think on your feet.
Don't wait till the last minute to do things.
Take more care in my work.
The *&$%#@* printer takes 15 minutes to print a coloured brochure.
Murphy's Law is inevitable, predictable and EVIL.

What else I discovered this week: The Chhedanagar South Indian temple in Chembur/Ghatkopar makes the BEST payasam I've ever tasted!
I love choosing and mixing/matching nailpolish colours! Being presented with trays of polish in a parlour is comparable to a child lost in wonder at a candy shop and being told to only pick a few!
We won the treasure hunt around South Mumbai (but weren't awarded prize cos my teammates were relatives of the president of the organisation)!!!!

Hehehe.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was just one day, what about the rest of your week that we were supposed to catch up on! :-) And it seemed like a normal day from my week though. Hmmm...

As far as the nail polish colors go, they should have also thrown in those Chinese designs, and sparkles. That would have just made your day! Aranyi in ColorLand :P

2:02 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Nothing else really happened the rest of the week, except for killer dance class and carnival party on saturday. I'll put pictures up for that once they get developed - hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

10:41 pm  
Blogger Makhtub said...

Oh

then u gotta eat the paysam they give at guruvayoor temple (kerala) ull love that paysam. Although I have to stand upto 2 hours in a queue to get it!

I know its a weird thing to say, but that was an interesting day, the printer going off like that! How many times does that happen??

Hmmmm cant wait for the pictures

8:48 am  
Blogger Abhi! said...

first timer here! nice post! i used to live in chembur eons ago and loved the chedda nagar temple!!
Seems like u had a rough day!
cheers

11:00 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Adrasteia...
What pictures?
Maybe ill get to dane at Guruvayoor once in my life!

Abhi! Thanks! I dont eat suth indian sweets often so I can only compare to the very very little Ive tried. Thankfully all's well that ends well!

11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter