One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Even more Poetry: Please Comment!

More by Arkaydass Chaudhary.

At the Level Crossing

Here I come
To a screeching halt
At the closed doorsteps
Of the level crossing
Which falls on my daily path.

From the ruins
Of the driver’s seat
I rise like a Phoenix
And in no time
Get lost in the remains
Of a drowsy past.

There, I delicately felt
The dry petals of a red rose,
The clumsy lines
Of a crumpled love-letter,
And broken smiles
Of a pair of white lips
Pronouncing few unintelligible
Alphabets at the parting time.

And I lent my anxious ears
To the dying echo
Of receding footsteps
Overtaking me
During a heavy moment.

I also remember
How I pitied all and sundry
Who hastened to console me,
For they claimed to decipher
The language of my tears
Silently flowing
From the Gangotri of my eyes.

Here I wake up
At the deafening horn
And metallic commotion
Of throbbing automobiles
At my back,
As the level crossing opens
Before my eyes.

4 Comments:

Blogger madhavan said...

thundering typhoons!!! one thousand blistering barnacles!!!

3:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-----ditto to the above comment-----

4:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aranyi,

All this poems are kinda laloo panjoo.

Is AC working for Bollywood or is he a coffee house intellectual.

I think he is a coffee house type of guy.

10:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's very beautiful.

12:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter