One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Play with me!

OK, so sometimes when I'm bored/sleepy/can't think of anything to write and hence looking for inspiration/sluggish, I surf the blogs of readers I'm not familiar with just to see what they write about and if there's anything I can link to. Some of Headliner's links form the subject matter of this post. For it is from his links that I gleaned the following wisdom.

I am apparently going to die on Wednesday, February 8, 2062. Can I cry? What a long life!!!! I'll be 80! SO much potential for karma! probably more bad than good knowing my luck and disposition! I'll probably be a sick fatso with broken knees, diabetes, arthritis, chronic halitosis and god knows what else. I don't want!!!! I want to age graciously and die peacefully in good health, not a haggard hallucination of my former self!!! Ohhh. Of course, I don't know how true this is. They do ask for you BMI and whether you smoke. ButI tried the thing with both smoking and non-smoking conditions and I'm still slated to die on the same day. Given that it's my mommy's birthday today and I gave her some books on self-help/philosophy/spirituality, do you think now that this date may well be stuck in my head for some time, that I can will myself to die on that date itself, not before or after? You know, like those sadhus who can take samadhi whenever they choose? Power of human will and all that? More on this in another post though.

And another little blogthing (which is defined as a quiz, meme or toy you can put on your blog/journal - guys, our generation belongs to a culture that has a different language and way of thinking! Isn't it fascinating!): this is what my birth date means. From a site that actually claims it has " cool things to put on your blog"!

Your Birthdate: November 27
You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything.You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life.Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal.You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return.
Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone
Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge
Your power color: Cobalt blue
Your power symbol: Dove
Your power month: September


You know what? I think this is pretty true!!!! :D

And THIS one... I changed the answers around a bit but still got the same one, so it must be true! Hehe.
You Are Mexican Food

Spicy yet dependable.
You pull punches, but people still love you.
I browsed some more and some of the other quizzes are pretty lame and not filled with teh kind of detail expected, even in the frivolous ones. So I wasn't happy with my results. The Shiny blogthings section is particularly inane.
Look at this!!!!
You Belong in London
A little old fashioned, and a little modern. A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.No wonder you and London will get along so well.
You Belong in Rome
You're a big city girl with a small town heartWhich is why you're attracted to the romance of RomeStrolling down picture perfect streets, cappuccino in handAnd gorgeous Italian men - could life get any better?
OK OK Last one I promise!
You are Milk Chocolate
A total dreamer, you spend most of your time with your head in the clouds.You often think of the future, and you are always working toward your ideal life.Also nostelgic, you rarely forget a meaningful moment... even those from long ago.

Dude, quizzes are addictive! Many more silly ones on the site above. Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Erosopher said...

I've been thinking about the power of will too, after reading Hesse's Siddhartha. I think those sadhus can do that at will because they don't pursue it directly. What a lot of these ascetics/mystics seem to do is pursue emptiness, annihilation: Because if you can become nothing, you can be anything.

10:43 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

pursue detachment, I suppose. That's what I'm trying to do now and it's pretty hard at times, because it's so much easier to expect returns you know. The principle of detachment is true altruism in a way, which I'm not sure exists - remember I always took that stand in college? I need to read Hesse now. So much, so little time!

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aranyi, I have begun reading you blogs for time-pass. Quite fun frankly, but can you take on the following topic from me and explore it with your keen insight. Since I have been coming to India over the last 12 years, the city has been getting more crowded and polluted. I wrote an interesting piece drawing similarities with the current situation:

An interesting Discovery Channel story that comes to mind is that of flamingoes in Africa. Flamingoes, although a pretty species, is probably one that most adheres to the old adage “birds of a feather, flock together.” So the story is as follows. During their annual migration, a flock of flamingoes gathers at a pond in the Serengeti plains. A week passes, then two, and the flock continues to hang out in the pond. The flock is large and the pond small, and gradually the animal life in the pond starts dwindling. In addition, the pond starts getting filled with flamingo feces. In course of time, some flamingoes start falling sick (obviously, with all the rotting feces) and dying. But the flamingoes flock together, and continue to inhabit the pond. One by one, the disease spreads in the pond, and wait we have not even got to the best part. A chimpanzee and jackal observe this phenomenon, and begin hanging out near the pond, waiting for an easy meal. Some of the diseased flamingoes, weakened from the ordeal, venture to step out of the pond. The chimpanzee grabs the opportunity, and catches the sick bird, wrings its neck, and eats it. Ugh!! But very very true and real!!! The jackal does the same. The birds (finally!!) spot this happening, a panic occurs, and in a few seconds, the rest of the flock take to the skies. I was stunned when I saw this episode.

Anyway, when I was in Mumbai, and saw the many things around me, I vividly recalled this episode, and strongly believe that the same phenomenon is happening here as well. The flamingoes (people) haven’t flown as yet, but the time is dangerously near I think.

3:34 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

I don't see Bombay from the same pessimistic viewpoint that you do, C.O.! But is IS a topic worth thinking about and I'll see what I can do to make it worth the expectation you have of my writing!

10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people may call my viewpoint pessimistic. I think its reality. I mean facts don't lie. Also, more amazing, is the influx of educated people moving in and paying exorbitant prices to get a whiff of Grade A pollution, a mockery of architecture, and noise to drive a rockband crazy.

9:17 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

well, Bombay is still where all the action is. Social aspirants want the rarefied hig-life, some people just want to be closer to their workplace and have the proven, developed facilities of the not-so-new Mumbai. South Mumbai and Bandra are gorgeous... all the old decrepit houses that so badly need to be made into heritage structures...
People are not as averse about moving to bangalore, pune, hyderabad as they once were, taking the load away from Mumbai a little bit.
Simply, I guess its a situation of "can't live with it, can't live without it!"

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter