One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Everything Men Know About Women

The title of this post is the title of a book by Piyush Saxena, once an employee of Reliance India and writer extraordinaire. I came upon it browsing for self-improvement (read: Robin Sharma) books for my mother's birthday this week. Justice Krishna Narayan calls it "As original a thought as a shoonya". Intrigued, I was compelled to open the book and look at the inside cover.

It proclaims - "Men and women have been keeping company for millions of years but what do men know about the fair sex?
"The gulf between the sexes, the misunderstandings and conflicts are very much present today as they were decades ago. With women's demand for equality, being a man today has become a tough call. However, women do not have it any easier, handling work and families... they have become increasingly alienated and angry.
"This brilliant and groundbreaking encyclopaedic work looks at the bigger picture through centuries of world history.
"This book doesn't dilly-dally around with theory, allegedly, as intended by its author. It tells us cold hard facts. Yeah!"

With delight, I then turned to the back cover flap to look at Saxena's profile. After a paragraph about his qualifications, it states, "This book is the culmination of a lifetime of experience, gleaned through his interaction with thousands of men and women, who he has dealt with over the years. It contains everything that all men have always wanted to know about women but were too afraid to ask."

Increasing the delicious suspense, I proceeded to the back cover, upon which I found reviews by some very distinguished gentlemen indeed. Here they are for your reading pleasure:

"Woman is indeed a mystery and an enigma. It is an original idea of yours to publish a book with a very nice cover including blank papers... converys the basic idea of what a woman really is!"
- Mohd. Fazal, ex-Governor, Maharashtra

Huh? I had to peek in. There indeed were some pages left blank! Haha! funny joke. Turned to the back cover to glean more hints about the book.

"The interior of the book favourably competes with the exterior"
-Dr. Prakash Kothari, Founder and member of Advisory Council, World Sexology Association

"I obviously need to go to the optician because I couldn't read a word of your book. Is it because my mind is blank or is it yours?"
-Alyque Padamsee, adman

Huh??? No longer could I contain my curiosity. I HAD to flip through the book. And to be sure, the entire book was blank!!!! The only pages that had any writing on them were the two title and publishing detail pages, and the two acknowledgement pages!!! Hahahaha! No wonder the comments were so esoteric!!! I flipped back to the back cover to join in the camaraderie of the reviewers.

"The book confirms the old adage of Thomas Gray "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise"
-P.R. Chauhan, Commissioner, Central Schools Organisation

" The only book on the subject which says everything without actually saying it. A very imaginative effort."
-K. Ahmad, Executive Director (retd.) Reserve Bank of India

!!!!!!!

"This book tells all of what men know about women. Two seconds after I got done reading it, i shook my head and realised where I have been going wrong all these years. A must read for everybody."
-S. Rahul, Management Consultant

"The interior text does not make a single false statement on this vital subject."
- Om Katare, Theatre Personality

"This fact will remain true for all ages."
-Mukesh Mehta, Dharavi Redevelopment Project, Government of Maharashtra

"A must-read for senior bureaucrats, concerned with gender equality."
-Sanjay Kumar, asst Professor, XLRI, Jamshedpur

Errr.... he got a little carried away there!

"Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, and this book is the bridge that links the two."
Shubhendra Bhuta, Director, Steelcase India Pvt. Ltd.

I like the last guy!!!

I just can't get over the fact that they actually SELL this book for 295 bucks!!! It's such a wacky, and at the same time, brilliant idea!!!! I really wonder how well it's sold! Maybe teh guys can use that blank book as a diary to record the little moments of enlightenment that they's get with regard to women if they manage to get their eyes off the TV!! Hehe j/k!!! I had such a lovely serendipitous time at Crossword! Oh, and I finally became a member!!! I hope I become famous and they endorse me and they have a "Joya recommends" section, or I get free books and molten chocolate cake every month or something!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! I love fantasies!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Makhtub said...

dOnt tell me someone will even but that book???

Rather buy a sensible read for 300 odd bucks!!

Whats so great about that book? I mean whatever made u feel so excited about it!! Its whacky but stupid! Id want to meet some supandi who has bought that one!!

chees

1:32 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Joke ke liye darling! I got excited because I don't get to see whackiness very often!!!

10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter