One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday's 55: Christmas Week

Here's my piddly contribution this week for the theme. Tired and sleepy, but somewhat content. I like skipping work, though it adds some disorganisation and inattention to time that I am not comfortable with. Okay here goes...

Christmas in Bombay: people dressed up, performing at weddings. The laughter a cover for hours of arguments between mothers and daughters over waking up, making up, hooking up. The beginning of the business year for the marriage market. Not to mention difficult times for the digestive tract. Dreams, drunken tears and resolutions. But always hope.

What do you think? Do you agree? I want to know your Christmas experiences! Have a good weekend - I don't think I'll be online the rest of the weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Makhtub said...

No i dont!!

What is that abt i didnt quite get it

FOr me christmas always was about carols, christmas trees the stars outside balconies and yes cakes!!

Probably i live in a catholic neighbourhood, probably im from a convent, so for me i knowall the carols, some prayers!! Iv always wanted to attend a midnite mass but never cld manage it!! Ur view on bbay christams i feel is a lil outdated, now i think its a global thing everyone celebrates it! My hindu neighbour has her tree set!

But my best memory of christmas is being dressed as one of the shepherd boys in a christmas play and my pant made by some paper falling off!!! LOL....

Christmas makes me happy and brings hope into my life...i never actually ever felt what uv written

anyways,

cheers

3:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I agree. The same holds for New Year's, Diwali, etc.

But there is always hope.

3:28 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

I went to a Christian school too and went through the carols and nativity play stuff. It was a lot of fun. Not to mention the Christmas parties!!! But for us it's always been wedding season (the cool weather etc. and NRI's coming down for vacation). And lately it's been stressful! Xmas eve for people I know is just another reason to party. There's no religious spirit.
I wanna go for midnight mass too!!!

9:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas and December somehow equated to going home. Since the last four years atleast -- I returned to India twice in December. So invariably, even when I'm not going to India in December, come winter time - it just makes my heart glad and my days cherry.

Otherwise, Christmas still meant a lot. I went to a Catholic school and visited friends who gave me marzipan and red and green colored cookies. I d visit Akbarally's and have photos taken with the Santaclaus. (usually a free gift too!)

The slight chill in the air, the fairy lights at school and the church and the tiny, cheap christmas baubles on my cheap fake-looking christmas tree--- were what my christmas's were made of...

And they've only gotten better! Its xmas eve tonight and I'm going on a drive around philly to take photographs of all the merriment- the lights and the trees... the happiness!

Merry Christmas Aranyi. Hope the next year brings the best for both of us!

11:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot..........Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

2:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aryani, nothing piddly about your Xmas 55. I thought that you captured the atmosphere beautifully!

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter