One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mutter, Stutter, Sputter, Stop

*Moaning Myrtle mode* Ohhhhhhhhhhh ennui is weighing over me like an ominous stormcloud pillow snuffing out all my energy! I'm bored, cranky, sleepy, too exhausted to even whine or type fast, and all because I couldn't sleep last night because of a certain person *bares teeth at nasty memory* being brought up, and my confused dream (in relation to that person) of Shekhar Kapur having seen Suchitra Krishnamoorthi at the age of 2 and deciding he was going to marry her! Weird, no? So I was tossing and turning all night and habitually checking my cellphone. It's this bizarre habit I've developed which is making me seriously consider therapy. From once in the night it's gone up to at least 3 times. AND I almost cried this morning, upsetting my poor mother. I'm getting quite good at the single tear ferocity. Which I hate.

Anyway me being cranky, tired and achy-breaky-heartish means that my period is once again heralding it's arrival! While I hate the emotional and physical discomfort of the couple of days to a week before its actually arrival, at least I know to be prepared to carry pads and pills around, and not risk my beautiful blood staining my beautiful white salwar (I'm wearing one today with a red and black bandhini dupatta and silver jhumkas and feeling so pretty - though I look drawn and pale! I still need to figure my style, and personally think I look the best in simple, non-fuss traditional daily wear). More than the stain it's the embarassment.

It's funny how a woman's blood is such a symbol for so many things. Well, of course it signifies she's a woman, and has a womb and whatnot, but she's also a figure of family honour by the very occurence of her period. For when she stops having it, particularly when unmarried - automatically meeans she's pregnant and thus a stain *sniggers* (Sorry, completely uncalled for and inappropriate place to laugh) on the family honour, resulting in abortion (IT IS TRAUMATIC, you sick guys who talk about it as if it is nothing), stoning, death. The intact hymen, or the 'rose of honour' as Marquez calls it, the stain on the conjugal bedsheet that in Saudi Arabia is a mark of a woman's virginity and is preserved by the inlaws as a mark of their daughter-in-law's character and upbringing *watch me roll my eyes as I tell you that it is becoming a vestigial organ. A lot of women aren't even born with one these days*

Speaking of the hymen being a vestigial organ, why was it ever there in the first place? Why the need for it to break? What did it protect vaginas from? Insects? Those fist-length cockroaches in the paleolithic age? GROSS! I'm sure the whole thing about it being a mark of virginity and hence honourable is a male construction and that actually wasn't why it was there (If God never wanted man to have sex in the first place - now I dont know if Adam and Eve had sex before Eve ate the apple - why would he make the situation unequal?)

Anyway, so I am all cranky partially because yesterday we were learning the first sahityam of Shankara Varnam, in which a girl is telling her best friend that her love, the king Bhaskara something of the Sun Dynasty, the setupati of the kingdom of Ramnad separating Bharatvarsha and Lanka, was incomparable. She was speaking of his face which was like the moon, of his skill in the music on the veena, in painting, his valour which wiped out his enemies just like that, his knowledge of the 4 vedas and 6 shastras, the man she was going to marry, and her poor friend had to agree! I was in tears it was so beautiful! And then immediately I thought that I was like the sage Nalayani, who had all these unrealistic expectations of men and who had to be awarded 5 husbands in her next life as Draupadi because all the qualities she desired could not possibly be found in one man. Then I thought why would I be special enough for such an accomplished man to want me? Imagine his expectations! Then I got depressed thinking that I'm fat, I don't seem to have accumulated any new knowledge, that I'm a regurgitative machine, that I'm never going to be enough to be satisfied with myself. Blah Blah. You know how it is - Once you pop you can't stop! I love Pringles.

DAMN my dad just callled. I bet I'm gonna get a lecture. I know what it's about. And he's trying to be affectionate, so I'll look bad if I lose my rather unpredictable temper *ominous look* Grrrr. I wish I were nicer, i really do.

What else is going on? I'm too tired and lazy to use my brains today and post anything substantial though there was ample noble material available on sepia mutiny. While I agreed, I just didn't have anything intelligent to say. Makes me wonder if I'm just a flash-in-the-pan. Or that everything's flowing downward. Anyway, here is a random link that I found while I was looking for the right spelling of paleolithic. It's about cute stone age houses! Xiaxue has some cute bunnies and some-so-shocking-it-hurts Thai girl tricks!!

************************************************************************************

Isn't it weirdly serendipitous how one decides to open random links and read random posts and it seems like they needed to read about this topic? What shall i write about next? Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Blogger Makhtub said...

Hello,
Actually wondering what to call you now? Aranya or Chandni?? Ur name is that of a Fav Sreedevi flick, and I wonder has anyone sung that song to u "Chandni O meri Chandni"?? It must be some sorta common statement just like mine goes, Karishma Kapoor....I hate that...Grrrr but what to do, most people actually think that they have a sense of humour

Anyways, firstly I kinda curious, what are u learning? Ancient vedas or some mythology????? I mean how come no one taught me what you are learning??? Lol...It is very interesting, and coming to ur dream, are u the Shekhar Kapoor or the Suchitra in that! reading from the write, I am assuming that you were in love with someone, or that love was with you both! Anyways, I guess, even 5 husbands wont be enough, coz its really hard to find that perfect blend of all that you want in a man!! Most of them are just so out of sync with what you want that I feel its rather a useless effort! But neverthless like they say when you are in love you see their perfections in their imperfections! One of my biggest nightmares, I will never find someone to love me or vice versa!!

And whats with u gng on abt ur weight, u certainlly seem quite fit and allright from what I c, hopefully you are not too into the thin waifer bodies that most people get obsessed with! Well I have always thought,if u meet a man you love and lets say that he does not return your affections or feels attracted coz one is FAT, but say a year down the lane you have the Cindy Crawford look and he loves you just as much, is that true love then??? Should you love such a man back, alternatively he cannot be blamed coz for most people fat is just not attractive, im sure uv met a million of those! So yea, dont worry am sure a pretty,well minded,intelligent lass like you will surely find her prince charming who will sweep you off your feet, well even with the extra pounds on:)

And I think this write was really fab,simply coz I felt after long you just wrote something from within you rather than, a technical or a social issue!! I loved the part of the hymen, really funny(I dont know if it wasnt meant to be) and yeah periods time, I behave like an uncivilised animal, ur atleast trying to control ur temper with ur dad...I just dont try coz I know the mood swings will get to me

Good luck with your week ahead, and yea ur dress combo sounds killer!!! Didnt some other Shekhar knock on ur door today?

cheers,
karishma
PS: Can we put in a complaint to God that even Adam needs to be equally punished for eating the apple and not just EVE:(

4:17 am  
Blogger Makhtub said...

Well I for one am damn curious about what you do or study or where you really are from?????
lol.........

Maybe a small introduction would do great....

N yeah its just a suggestion, dont bother about its implementation coz I am sure ud be bored praising yourself......

4:21 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

*tsk tsk* silly girl! call me what you like! I actually majored in psychology and minored in english in my BA and then did an MSc in Management. I did a paper on Draupadi once and hence I know all this background info. Plus i'm fascinated by religion and culture and it's impact on youth and women (mostly so I can shake my head in sorrow at the state of the world hehe!) I really am Indian and from Bombay! Yes yes I used to cry as a child whenever stupid boys sang that Chandni song to me! One guy just did on sunday hehe! In my dream I guess I wish I was the Suchitra?

5:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New ideas, new suggestions, new topics..........

Maybe, how about trial and tribulations of a young woman working in Mumbai. Day to day challenges. You know the simple stuff.

3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter