One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hen Night!

So on Friday, 14th April, we had a hen night (my first ever) to celebrate my school friend Ruchi's wedding - the one that took place in January that i blogged about later. This was the evening before my flight to Calcutta.

It was fun! We didn't do the whole male strippers routine - because we don't see anything appealing about the naked male body - sorry guys! - especially someone we don't know well, whose features we may not like, and who can't turn us on with his witty and gripping intellect. Give us male courtesans anyway - who drive us crazy with a glance, a dimple, a gentle lingering protective touch on the small of our backs... ooooh!!!!

BUT BUT BUT we did have budday party food - which is an obssession with me and my girlfriends - budday party food and New Yorkers. That included, Goriawalla's eggless chocolate cake, banana wafers, (for the Jain) chutney sandwiches, dhoklas, (for the Gujjus) and baked biscuit chaat (instead of Papdi - for the dieters).

So after the initial "Surprise!" and gossip, we commenced the games. We had emailed her husband for his responses to our formulated questions for a "How well do you know your husband?" game, encompassing pretty much their entire sex life and assorted quirks, and she was to take a shot for every question she got wrong. And damn, for someone who met her husband 6 times, before a wedding after 3 weeks, and an LDR pretty much for about 2.5 months so far, she knew him pretty DAMN well!!! So she hardly got buzzed grrrrrr.

Then we played a C-grade Hindi songs Dumb Charades. This included "Guttar guttar", "Sarkailo Khatiya Jaada lage," "Dhak dhak karne laga", "Maang meri bharo", "Oh mummy mummy" etc. There were about 8 songs.

There are assorted games people play, like blowing bananas, guessing condom flavours, etc., coming up with innovative sexual positions, pictionary/taboo but these were too gross/crass for the myriad sensibilities gathered there that night.

After some more chitchatting, we went to Red Lite for a bit, where an inevitable annoyance in the form of a lascivious male was encountered, (poor things, I suppose one cant diss them for trying their luck, though "There's a private party going on inside, they won't let you in: maybe you can come with me and we can have our own private party" was a bit too frickin' lame, if not offensive, when thrown at a complete stranger) the snap below was taken. Some of the others didn't end up coming there, for various reasons. After, we chatted at Nariman Point before the police came and shooed us away.

Then I had to stumble into bed and wake up 4.5 hours later to catch my flight to Calcutta. I need my sleep!!!!!

Hey, someone care to tell me what goes on at bachelor parties???

(I'm still in denial that you're leaving Ruchi- and maybe that's why I'm being evil about being in touch. I don't want to feel like you're going away so I have to try to spend as much time as possible with you - though I know I'll regret it later.)

14 Comments:

Blogger karmic said...

Nice. Glad to see you folks had fun.
As for " where an inevitable annoyance in the form of a lascivious male was encountered,"
Inevitable indeed, they think of themselves as the almighty's gift to womenkind or something?
As for the bachelor parties dpends on the bachelor I guess?
For whatever reason I dont believe in thise things but people are free to have them if they so choose.
The one that I went to ended up from going out for dinner some folks getting drunk then going to a NYC stand up comedy club. Then ofcourse there was the visit to a strip club, but the women ended up just being topless.
My thoughts on those.. As you said it is kind of strange to see someone you don't know partly unclothed. The whole thing feels staged and I was flat out bored in 5 mins. So I spent time analyzing other patrons.. old men, middle aged men, young guys, japanese businessmen.
Also there are several different paths to the whole sensual thing. Strip clubs don't all fall in to that category.
So that was one take on it. Enjoy your trip.

7:28 am  
Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

I went to a male strip club when I went to Vegas for a friend's bachelorette party, I thought I would be dead with embarrassment in there or some such thing...but I laughed my lungs out!!! came out with a jaw ache from laughing all night...The thought of some people feeling horny at such sights, when I could only find it slapstick...makes it funnier...

11:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aranyi, your friends are not bad looking. Hopefuldisposition - are you desi or abcd?

Bachelor party in Mumbai with semi-nude men - hmm.... something to think about in the next 10 yrs or so.

Karmic: Are you trying to say you get bored in strip clubs? I think you will find the full-monty ones a lot more fun. Topless is for beginners man.

Aranyi: Is it true that many Indian men are flocking to Dubai for a taste of Russian prostitutes? If that is so, I am disturbed.....

3:22 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Jay,
I agree! When something is staged it just seems awkward. Ive seen some topless musicals, but then again, the toplessness seemed pointless. There is unlimited amounts of sensuality in one person alone, but most people are just too lazy to make the effort to tap into them and discover. I know some people who have gone into dance bars in Mumbai - Carnival and Topaz, and one admitted that he didn't enjoy it. If you want to see sexy women dance, just take your girlfriend out to a club! But guys never want to do that!

CO...
apna gigolos already exist here!!! One guy offered to send some to us. My mom also says tehy exist. Watch 'Bombay Boys' a movie by Kaizad Gustad for more revelations on our city!
Dunno about the Dubai scene... but ewww!

Hopeful..
We had black sensual dancers at college - I didnt go, but i heard the sexual dances they performed with some of the girls they picked from the audience were disrespectful and humiliating.

12:22 am  
Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:20 am  
Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

I hate to use Aranyi's space, but had no choice, CO: How does it matter and why am I being asked that question?

10:22 am  
Blogger karmic said...

Karmic: Are you trying to say you get bored in strip clubs? I think you will find the full-monty ones a lot more fun. Topless is for beginners man.

Ahh the very experienced CO is it? CO.. i don't care for strip clubs, but people who want to are free to go. this was a bachelors party I was asked to come for, we went to NYC from CT, and someone else set it all up. Also we wanted to go to a comedy club, NYC has some of the best ones around. NYC also has rather strict laws about the full monty and ours was more of an on the spur decision as the soon to be groom had to make the call on this.
Also what I am saying is I went there just once. I would not be caught dead at a atrip club on my own cos whats the point? I have to say I don't need to go to a strip club dude!
Hope.. I agree, it would have been funny if it had not been sad, some of those folks just looked so lonely.
As for the Q CO asked. Thats CO for ya. :)The one time I went to a desi cultural thingy in NY ages ago, people seemed interested in knowing what I was green card holder/citizen. The thing also seemd so much like a clique, I havent been to one in ages.

8:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HopefulDisposition: I went to your blog, and found it hard to fathom the origins - abcd or non. Anyway, good blog. You don't allow non-bloggers to post comments, and therefore I could not post something there. My question was more out of curiosity.

Karmic: I think its somewhat judgemental for people to say they would not be caught dead in a strip club. Frankly, I think strip clubs and porn sites are a good thing and a healthy dose of those keep married people in good check. I see no harm in indulging in porn sites and I am sure my view is shared by over 90% of the men on the Internet. My wife knows this and she is cool about it.

I agree with you totally on these desi cultural bullshit things. Its got very little to do with culture and everything to do with how much you have and where do you work - a net worth calculation. This year, I am going to send a letter to the organizers of the India Day parade in New York, and ask them to take this silly parade somewhere else, like New Jersey or Queens.

9:53 pm  
Blogger karmic said...

I think its somewhat judgemental for people to say they would not be caught dead in a strip club.
CO ..it's not judgemental really, I am only talking about myself. :)
Sure porn and strip clubs serve their purpose, but there is also an insidious side to them. Ppl sometimes forget what real relationships are about, porn is sort of idealized. So long as ppl know what they are up to with it.

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Karmic, peace homie....

9:55 am  
Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

CO: I am from India, any revelations?

11:28 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

really!!!! where do you work?!

11:35 am  
Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

Alright, I have to clarify now, I am born and raised in India and I work for Boeing in Seattle now. Thats for Aranyi.

3:31 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Thanks! You said airport so I thought Sahar. Boeing huh? if i had known earlier I'd have asked you for loads of help on my sister's business strategy paper hehe. A boring guy suggested I choose Boeing. We ended up choosing Disney, but if any of you has any gyan on teh topic do let me know.

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter