One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wandering Weekly 2: Erogenous

Erogenous was the word for the week, and as before, I would love to see what all of you come up with!
We all know the rules right: you google up the word of the week, and use the first ten words that come up in the search as the first words of each of the 10 lines to be formed.

Here's the first one I wrote:

Home is where all experience originates
Home is where I learnt to be afraid to be
Erogenous, wary of the penis. Yet,
Erogenous you stopped me in my tracks, in
An inimitable cloud of surf and musk.
People would stare disapprovingly, but I’d
Know that those bruises were milestones, signs of your
Improving mobility on my body.
Erogenous I wept as you became a mere
Definition my longing yardstick needed.


Then I thought I should write something in honour of us women on this splendiferous day that has been dedicated to us as separate entities and liberated, equal beings in the eyes of man and god (man: questionable). Therefore:

Home is where we were taught the heart resides
Home we later learnt is what the penis called vaginas.
Erogenous it thus became easy to feel.
Erogenous arose the stirring in my womb as
An unstemmable desire slivered through my veins
People saw, disapproved and tried to control the flow.
Know this, I want to tell them, I’m only just learning,
Improving, meandering in a dream of primal creation,
Erogenous I’ll stay, my secret smiles between my thighs
Definition of a woman, who cant help it though we try!

15 Comments:

Blogger Deepanjan said...

Simply brilliant!
That's what u r!
Hi Aranyi, I'm smitten Sameer's antiparticle!
And hez got competition about the marriage thing!

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a bold and outspoken poem for a nice Jain girl like you. What do your parents and family think of your writing pursuits? Do they even know of all your "Erogenous verses"? Are we seeing a Salman (Rushdie) in the making?

7:40 am  
Blogger karmic said...

Compulsive Objectivist said...
Quite a bold and outspoken poem for a nice Jain girl like you. What do your parents and family think of your writing pursuits? Do they even know of all your "Erogenous verses"? Are we seeing a Salman (Rushdie) in the making?

Compulsive, it may have nothing to do with her being Jain? Oh well it must be me trying to think you are slotting her in to a category :-). I try not to have preconcieved notions aboutpeople.. it's hard we all have a way of deciding what someone might be like...
And here is a new lovely law from the state of South Dakota which recently passed a law taking away abortion rights from women.

7:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Et tu Deep!!!

Grrr....What do I have to do to escape your presence?

P.S.: - Deep, let us not mess up her blog with personal comments between us lest she objects to them. We can always resolve our personal enmity on some other turf.

8:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi KJ, I guess everything we write or say on a blog can be taken personally. But since we are not talking about India's nuke treaty or the Indian macroeconomic landscape, rather, about some touchy feely topics, things already have started getting personal. In such encounters, curiosity and inquisitiveness do come to the fore, and instead of making accusatory remarks about "preconceived notions" it should be looked upon as "probing insight". Of course, its natural. I have never met Aranyi in person, but from her writings, which I find fun reading, and oftentimes bold and provocative, its my natural inclination to probe into her mind, and inquire how her brood perceives her daily revelations on her blog. For goodness sake, its a BLOG. Things are more out in the open, and I am sure Aranyi, who has shared far far more intimate things than her parents' opinion of her writing, would willingly agree. Can this be called a "preconceived notion", KJ? Peace out dude, life is shorter than a blade of grass.

8:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for you KJ, here is some poetry written in 2 min flat:
Home is where she discovered herself
Pleasing looks from the neighbours' daughter
Women are what interested her,
Her time of self-discovery was past
Erogenous parts of her body erupted
Zones which men could never fulfil,
Female bodies in the nude enchanted her,
Erogenous parts of her body caught on fire
Zones of passion she had never fathomed
Her true womanhood she would discover
Necking and Kissing the neighbor's daughter.....

8:40 am  
Blogger karmic said...

compulsive.. relax man :-) If you noticed my comment earlier it had a smiley in it. It was not meant to be taken seriously or meant to be accusatory or personal at all. It was just an observation.
We all tend to have ideas about people based on how we react to them, see them or percieve them or their writings in this case.
There are more than one way of looking at things.
I would let Aranyi speak for herself as to how she percieves the "Quite a bold and outspoken poem for a nice Jain girl like you". It's a public space I offered my observations and you did yours. if you did not like mine thats ok too.
Thanks for the poem in 2 minutes in flat!

1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karmic: Peace man. I did not see a smiley in your earlier entry, I saw a dagger (wink!!)

8:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home is where she resides,
Home is when she's besides,

Erogenous she, touches my pole,
Erogenous me, feels her hole,

An hour of bliss,it is,
People unknown, just miss,

Know when to stop, says she,
Erogenous me, continues to eternity,

Two of us, heave into the other,
The orgasm lasts, just forever!

9:34 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Sameer and Deepanjan, :D
Sameer, If you want to be ahead of your friends in the runnings, it might help if you DONT tell them I exist! (but then it might not be as much fun, would it?!)

KJ and CO: I love when American-based Indians argue yay!!! They're so incredibly vocal and articulate and amazing! As for the category, here's nothing Jain about me except for my vegetarianism and relative respect for living beings. Salman Rushdie? Maybe youre deeming my verses satanic to your holy ears?! I wish yaar! I have a long way to go in terms of both the writing and the courage.

Speaking of which, this blog is my personal space. No one is responsible for my thoughts but me. Needed an outlet to vent.

KJ: No abortions in Dakota? Give women the right to vote, take away their right to choose? Free massages and discounts on women's day to boost the economy, and the disallowing of population control to boost the economy? One step forward, two steps back.

CO: you didnt comply with the poem rules! But I'll forgive you because you wrote!

And hey, writing doesn't get more explicit than Brad's poem here!

And the word for the week wasn't my idea!

11:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how did I break the rules??

11:34 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Did you google 'erogenous'? There are rules! We should ideally all have the same words that form the first words of our lines! Unless Google US is sifferent from Google India? But google australia is the same as google india! :S

11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did google it yaar!! Yes, I am sure Google India is different than Google USA. This is what I found: Home > Pleasing Women > Her Erogenous Zones. Female Erogenous Zones. Her Neck.
Believe me now :) ! So whaddya your folks think about all this? Do they even know?

11:41 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Mom knows. Hence by default i suppose my dad knows. I dont think shes ever read it though. cousins im close to know. A few friends know. Basically, those who like to read. Those I know wont objectify me.

11:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up girl!! Hold up the torch for free speech and let your pen do the talking....err.. I mean keyboard..

11:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter