One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Arranged Marriage or Arranged column?

I read a super annoying column this week and Ive been made to feel very uncomfortable by it. PLease read the link - anyhow its about some girl from Bombay who exoticises and marries and NRI, who exoticises her life further for her readers, exoticises her marriage some more for her 'friends', and engages in some general name-dropping, pseudo-morality and shallowness, that makes me want to generalise by turning my nose up at her in disdain, calling her a typical sindhi. On the other hand, some part of me is envious, while another part of me is a bit sorry for her. I almost want to write a counter column on everything my life, or the life of an average Patel ben is like, and how maybe in some ways, suffice it to say, the grass can always be greener on the other side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erosopher said...

Please please please write that column. I need something with perspective now to clean my brain. Is it bad that I kind of want to whack her?

2:44 pm  
Blogger Makhtub said...

Truly is it a crime that I want to whack her too? Actually a bit more than whack...But I never found anything in it to be envious of her, just probably the fact that she was living such a great illusion yes. Other than that hell no! You should indeed write a blog post on it, if not another column :)

7:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter