One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Diwali and Happy Anniversary!




On this day last year, I wrote my first ever post on this blog. One week later, on Friday, October 28, 2005 I wrote my post on Diwali.

It has been a year. 252 posts. Which amounts to a post every couple of days on average. I used to average a couple of posts a day initially, and have taken a beating in the last few months! And what a crazy last few months they have been! I excuse myself from any neglect on my part. Imagine if I were being paid to blog daily. I would have been fired by now.

This has been a tumultuous year for my blog. Ive received my fair share of bouquets and brickbats, with some justified upbraidings and some defences that Ive been grateful for, but we've all moved on. Ive lost my readers now and it feels weird to not have people comment, when once I would open my inbox and be excited by the numerous emails I received. Someone commented last week sometime on one of my posts - saying that the reason I dont have readers anymore is that I don't 'reciprocate'. I wonder what that meant. Was I supposed to be replying to every proposition I received from guys? Or just visiting the blogs of commenters?

I dont know what will be the future of this blog, just as I dont know what my own future will bring. I wish it and myself luck and happiness and prosperity, what can I say? We all wish that for ourselves and our loved ones.

Just as Makhtub is reflective today, so also did my aunt say that this will e our last year with any daughters present for Diwali. My sister will be married; so will I, both my cousin sisters will be studying abroad. It pinches a bit, and thats why Im a bit more attentive to the traditions than usual. This evening my mother is teaching my sister and me the Siddhalakshmi stotras, for our husbands' prosperity, and today for the first time I opened one of teh account books in my office (copied very badly a Gujarati script - I can guess at reading Gujju, but copying is much harder than it looks - I kept putting rekhas on top the the letters like in Hindi! And I remember thre was a time during Hindi tuition dictation I would not put the line on tp of the words so as to be able to kepe up with my tutor's reading speed!). Today for the first time I also tried Undhiya, without making a face - and I loved it!!!! It is known as the king of vegetables because it comprises 21 vegetables - coconut, coriander, yam, shakariya, potatoes, brinjal, tuver, rajapuri bananas, lilva, assorted pulses, green garlic, and so much more I couldnt identify (also, all the vegs werent available)! With puri and shrikhand and mug ni daal.

SIGH. Im gonna miss home so much.

Happy Diwali everyone and a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Ms. Aranyi

Happy Diwali

5:23 pm  
Blogger Makhtub said...

Does it really matter you lost your readers?

Nothing in life matters that much and much of it is nothing anyways!

Wishing you a prosperous diwali, continue to blog and write just for yourself yea? And yea thanks for that long midnight chat, I have made my decision...

cheers

8:56 am  
Blogger Sai said...

Aranyi:

Happy Diwali! Why would you care if people comment on your blogs or don't read them? You should write as long as you feel like doing so.

I write my blog but don't care who reads it. I write for MYSELF and find it very cathartic in many ways.

Wishing you all the best! BTW I can commiserate with this task of compiling all your memories cohesively. I tried doing that on my last trip home in February 2006.... Ugh...mean task I must add!

12:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey .. you know what...I read your blog regularly, the only reason why I dont comment is because it leaves a trail to my blog and I absolutely hate it when ppl act all nice and reciprocate on the blog just because I commented on theirs, it is such a cheesy thingy!
That said :), I also dont like to put anonymous messages, like I am some secret admirer...so there you have it, I cant comment anonymously or thru my identity... its quite a paradox :D...
So I will just leave my name- Laina :) and tell you, u blog really well :)

4:38 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Thank you guys! Now it feels like I was fishing for compliments! But that was much needed anyway, thanks. Theres always at least 1, maybe 2 or 5 things that one must do in life for oneself, free from any immediate responsibility for others.
Ive decided not to worry about other people's opinions. Lets see how long it lasts!

3:53 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Makhtub,
whats the decision?

Kush,
Gla dto see youre alive and kicking on Sepia Mutiny as well!

Thanks Sai for relating to me so much! Prodding slowly through my memories. Been at it for a few days and not even finished iwth my firs year yet! DREADING sorting the other details and looking for stuff Ive lost!

Laina, thanks for your courage and honesty!

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter