One Voice, Many Worlds
A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.
About Me
- Name: Princess Joya
- Location: Home
Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
my beautiful face that is. (not that its that beautiful) but still, as in I always prided myself on decent low maintenance skin and had a horrid shock 2 weekends ago.
So my fiance has been wining and dining me and doing all the things that madly engaged lovers do. In the course of the wining, (2 whites, 2 red) and a rather tumultuous evening (both for my stomach and my emotions), I wake up the next day to discover that my face has completely broken out in freckles, especially around my eyes. I stared at in in horror, hoping wildly it was simply dried puke or something, and washed my face wildly, but it wouldnt go away!!!! I have no idea what it was, the Thai food, the white wine, the red (though I have a suspicion it was the terrible house red at the Waiting Room at the W on Broadway), but I drank water all day, hoping I could hydrate it away... I ate cereal and tons of different types of food. It cleared after 3 days and thankfully no residual freckles have remained. I dont know if it was hives or what. The net says that people can be allergic to the elements in wine... sometimes eggs, sometimes sulphur dioxide, sometimes some other added flavour. I had a couple of glasses of red later in the week, and even a few mixed drinks, but it didnt resurface. Thank God. Has this ever happened to anyone? I was so scared I was getting allergic to the only alcohol that tastes good with meals and that takes long to get through.
Another disaster to strike occured in the form of the Congo Rapids ride in Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson New Jersey. It was far more... well.. wet than I remembered, and the bloody water ended up splashing into my bag (which was waterproof no less!) and wet my cellphone and camera. My phone kinda works now, after 2 days, but there ius still water in the screen. The water has seeped into my camera battery and memory card and it refuses to switch on. I laid them all in front of a hairdryer yesterday for half an hour and put the battery to charge just in case but Im really scared and hoping it starts work normally - its my second camera and my dad will KILL me if this one also breaks. Im BITING my nails in annxiety (not that they need any help breaking - I swear, Im actually trying to look after them, keep them filed and all a la good fiancee, and its a bloody pain in the ass I tell you - chips at the slightest instance of a hint at manual labour!)
Oh yeah, the annoying Congo Rapids also ended up vaporising my mints! All that is left is a thin powdery layer, which, when licked burns the tongue because all that remains is the strong mint essence.
SIGH. Ye Great saala adventure mehenga pad gaya yaar! Any ideas as to how I can dry my electronics???? (Sorry for the language, Ive been under great duress!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home