55 Friday: V-Day or not!
The Lupercalia is an ancient pre-Roman springtime/fertility festival that took place on one of the hills around Rome. Yes, pre-Valentine. Write no, oh flighty readers!
Here's mine:
At home, fundamentalists burn cards, and force couples caught in parks on Valentine’s Day to marry. Sitting alone in her room, she remembers a primeval ritual on a twilight hillside, when once a bubble burst from her insides and splashed the sky with stars. The best love memory on a day no one could desecrate.
Yay yay yay I feel so fulfilled and in control now!!!

6 Comments:
Dear Aranyi,
This is one of you best written 55 fiction Fridays!!!! It inspired me to write one myself and comment on your blog, which I read everytime a new artcile is posted, but never comment because your posts are just fantastic like I keep telling you!!
Thanks Angel! And dont be silly! I read this one... which was written so quickly, and feel like 55 just doesn't do it justice you know!
Aranyi,
Quite well written. It really is.
We have talked this before through comments that a good writing shows a simple connection that is not obvious to everyone.
Thanks Kush!!!
Has the bubble really bursted? :-)
It's the bubble that created the cosmos. The 'big bang' is nothing but a burst of illusion.
Post a Comment
<< Home