One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Valentines Day Haiku Contest

From Sepia Mutiny:

Write a haiku (Japanese form of 3-line verse consisting of 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, and 5 in the third - so you have to be EVEN more succinct than 55 words!)

You don't have to write a whole poem, it has to be just one verse. (of course verbose me couldn't be satisfied with one measly verse so I wrote a poem - I'm not participating but it was fun to discipline myself and jog my soporific braincells a bit).

To submit your entries (due TONIGHT by midnight), go here.

Here's my effort.

You want to meet me?
I am surprised, elated.
Nervous. And ready.

Your call makes me jump
Your voice a forceful tenor
I gurgle in glee.

You are stoic, calm
Your eyes dark pools of stillness
Merging into night

We walk in and are
The cynosure of the room
It feels like we fit

Your aura subdues
My words bubble in silence
My heart in a cage.

I wait breathlessly
For just one look of love.
I have ever since.



Have a great weekend! Many more post ideas, so little time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter