One Voice, Many Worlds

A ripple in the water is sometimes all that is needed to signal catastrophic change. ONE ripple can make all the difference between existence and evolution.

Name:
Location: Home

Im a bundle of contradictions! My opinions vary depending on the time of month but have been consistent since i learnt to think. Words i associate with me: dream vision justice peace aerodynamic happiness sensual cynicism idealism antiquated socialism solitude secularism simmer solipsism brightness rain mother earth independence dance fulfilment solitude utopia blue pink moonlight luscious ishq

Friday, October 21, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my site, all and sundry (I hope that unlike xiaxue - I shall not have to shoo anyone away, thus causing me to eat my words, which no one willingly like to do! I shall also link it properly once I figure out this HTML stuff!)

The aim of this site (yeah yeah I'm a corporate whore - I'm all about mission statements and suchlike - worked on my first presentation this week - *claps in excitement at the delightful prospect of powerpoint - not!*) is to well, present my life and my views. Without seeming conceited, I really believe that I, like any individual who is remotely interested in thinking about the world and its effect on her everyday existence, have fairly interesting observations to make and opinions to share. And while this blog is written by myself for myself, to record my thoughts in an organised manner, I also realise that I so hold responsibility for my opinions. However, I fully propound my right as a human being, as a responsible and ethical citizen, to exercise my freedom of speech. I also assume that those reading my blog, are, if not my friends, then teenagers or thinking adults who simply cannot blame me for my opinions or any distress caused to them by any controversial view I may hold. They have a brain too; they jolly well better use it to form their OWN opinions on the basis of whatever information is offered to them from whatever sources. No one appreciates personal attacks, but everyone has a right to their own views. I am all for just and constructive criticism and am also not opposed to a little whining and complaining every so often! BUT to note: If I am seeking to create any change at all, I want it to be positive, to eradicate the forces of bigotry, communalism, separatism, and fanaticism that are plaguing the world we live in today. They come in various forms and disguises. I don't ever want to stop thinking or striving to make my immediate world at the very least, a better place by my example - I think none of us should. Where did I read this - Mother Teresa said something along the lines of "if everyone swept their own doorstep, there would be no dirt in the world". The same goes for our minds people! Lets not let ourselves be poisoned!

Having mentioned Xiaxue, her writing is among the chief influences that inspired me to start this blog. She is incredible - entertaining, excitable, giggly, yet immensely sharp and witty. Her arguments floor me because she says so much of what I used to think and say before I stopped arguing and got fed up with annoying stubborn people (its amazing how such types can wear down our defences - and unfortunately this quality is most present in those prominent people whose views are terribly detrimental to the precept of 'live and let live', or even 'live and HELP live', in our world, and even worse, they often prevail due to these very traits). Her courage is boundless - she has so many detractors and yet she insists on continuing to be who she is. You go girl!

I will probably add another post soon but I am impatient to view my template and figure out this link thing. But again, Welcome!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad IMs aranyi's blog to Sean who is sitting yonder, "Dude, check that out."
Sean looks over Brad's shoulder, "Wow".
Brad senses an incorrect direction, "I meant the post! Keep scrolling to the very bottom."
Sean jests as usual, "When you hit rock bottom, you die!? What's up!"

After perusing through, Sean looks back at Brad, "And this lady is ...??"
Brad rolls his eyes and shrugs, "Wish I knew."
Sean states matter-of-factly, "Hmmm...I am glad I am not her boyfriend."
Brad raises his eyebrows, "Hmmm..."

6:50 pm  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

What?!?!?!?! THIS post? What's so controversial about THIS post??? You SO have to tell me i absolutely will not be able to sleep until you do!!!

12:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only because I am concerned that you won't be able to sleep, I shall re-quote:

"...I shall not have to shoo anyone away...."

"...written by myself, for myself..."

"...I fully propound my right...."

"...simply cannot blame me..."

"...any controversial view I may hold..."

"They have a brain too,..."

"...they jolly well better use it..."

"....got fed up with annoying stubborn people..."

If you haven't smiled by now, then I sure am in deep trouble! I could articulate each of those points, if you want me to! :-)

In good faith, Peace. And I believed, I could give you a subtle compliment, [you did catch that, I hope] and then put forth a thought, in my previous comment.

4:19 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

Hahaha! Oh my!!! I sound pretty defensive, don't I? Like someone writing a constitution, or maybe, an American ;) That's really where most of my political education and self-awareness comes from anyway!
After consistently reading the blogs in my sidebar for almost a year I think I became pretty aware of the consequences of making statements in a public sphere, that could be misinterpreted because everyone has his/her own issues and usually doesn't bother to wait or ask for a clarification. As humans, we do project a lot. And I realise, as i read on, that i still haven't managed to negotiate a successful middle space, but I am relieved at the availability of this medium to vent and to meet people I can debate with that and learn from in a way that can potentially remain relatively impersonal/universal.

Is Sean scared I come across as too aggressive?!

And thank you, I did catch thee compliment! Though I'd be EVEN more flattered when the day comes that you'll compliment me on my brains!

11:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May be not the constitution, but you certainly remind me of my dad who happens to be an attorney.

The point that I was trying to drive at, was, hereafter referred to as 'the point', that, he he heh...Alrite chill, I won't try to mimic my dad.

The point, however, was that it is a blog, and no defensive disclaimers have to be really associated, nei!? I mean, c'mon, you said it, everybody's got a brain, or else they wouldn't be reading, and so they might as well use it. To be tacitly understood.

"Is Sean scared? I come across as too aggressive?" Tell me you are being rhetoric, right! :P Btw, can one be defensive and aggressive at the same time? Just a pondering whiff into the thin air.

Getting the compliment that you would like from me, I'll have to read much more into you. Hmmm...Until then, Sean couldn't be any better than he is. Hope you slept well the other night.

3:19 am  
Blogger Princess Joya said...

I think you can be defensive and aggressive at the same time if you're vehement enough. Both point to an insecurity or fear about something to do with oneself, I suppose.
The reason I was somewhat concerned was that people do tell me that guys are afraid to approach me because I come across either as ice queen or aggressive, sexually and otherwise.
You should read some of the flame wars I have! I like to maintain peace in my life - I get headaches and feel anaemic if I fight with people, and I dont want to deal with that when I myself am ready to accept all opinions contextually (i'm a situationist I think).
I didn't sleep well... but it wasn't entirely because of you ;)

3:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On second thoughts, I would like to say, yep, one can be defensive and aggressive at the same time. As a chess player, my best defence is 'extreme offence'. So, yep, you are right!

From the little that I know, you a 'ice-queen', probably NOT, aggressive, hell yeah! If it's of any good, that aspect could be a winner for some guys. Each to his own, you see! Sexually aggressive is always a winner, I assure you.

Since it wasn't entirely me, I am gonna assume that Sean was the abetting accomplice, responsible for your loss of sleep :P

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

page hit counter